Friday, May 7, 2010

Letter to poetry

I'm being forced to write poetry for my seventh period class. If I would have known that a writing class involved poetry, I probably would have dropped it. Well, maybe not because I love the teacher. Still, I hate hate hate hate hate hate poetry. I can't stand writing it, I don't like reading it, and I especially don't like being graded on it. A lot of people sometimes sit down and write poems, just for fun. I could think of a million better things to do, honestly. I suppose a lot of people enjoy poetry. I am not one of them. I don't like putting words together in certain orders. I like my words to be arranged however I want them to be arranged, not according to a specific type of poetry. I can't even think of any poets that I like, except Dr. Seuss. I could never make myself read or write poetry. I think I'll just skip all of these assignments and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I feel your pain, but this song got me through it:

    Think about the love inside the strength of heart
    Think about the heroes saving life in the dark
    Climbing higher through the fire, time was running out
    Never knowing you weren't going to be coming down alive
    But you still came back for me
    You were strong and you believed

    Everything is gonna be alright
    Everything is gonna be alright
    Everything is gonna be alright
    Be strong. Believe.
    Be strong. Believe.

    ReplyDelete