Here are some fun tips for revising & editing your work
mark writing that sounds awkward or could be improvised
be sure all paragraphs are indented and focus on a single subject
be sure you did not switch tenses as you wrote
check your punctuation
be sure there are quotation marks around spoken words
check the spelling of unknown words
be sure you capitalized correctly
check the beginning to be sure it hooks readers
make any dull parts more exciting
be sure your writing does not include dull or overused words
check that your vocabulary is appropriate for your audience
be sure you include enough facts or details to support statements
be sure all facts are presented in a logical order
be sure that your closing paragraph sums up effectively
Why did I spend two minutes (give or take) of my life typing this list? Because I care deeply about today's youth being taught proper grammar. Even if I don't practice it myself, it's still the most important thing anyone will ever learn in school, besides Hamlet.
Don't learn Trig.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment