Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Letter to Maine

A long time ago I came to the conclusion that I do not like or accept major change. Despite the desolation and negative atmosphere of Mifflin County, I've always been okay with the idea of being here forever. Afterall, I am a negative person. I don't particularly like to travel or experience new places. I've been to at least 40 of the 50 states, some more than once. One of the few places that has changed my perspective is Maine. I've been to Maine a number of times, and I believe that someday I may reside there.


I actually enjoy the cold weather and snow. I am most definitely not a beach person. The one exception is of course, in Maine. Old Orchard Beach isn't like most beaches that people around here experience. It doesn't have white sand or blue water. Or the opposite, green water and orange sand. There are no casinos or twenty mile stretches of condos and hotels. Old Orchard Beach is a quiet community. Tranquilty and easy living.






It's a beautiful place.

1 comment: