I now have two things to waste my days looking forward to...
Still not a huge fan of the beach, but Fred has never been to a beach. Soooo this July for her birthday, Harrison, Elise, Kelly and I are taking her to Dewey Beach for a few days. Fred is different from anyone I have ever met. She's so full of life and energy. The simplist things (i.e. gum balls and anything green) make her happy. She's completely content with her life and where she is. I don't think I've ever met anyone that can be satisfied without money and material things. I can only imagine how she's going to react to experiencing something for the first time that almost everyone else has many times. She has next to nothing to her name, but what she does have, she's always willing to offer to her friends. She's the one person I can count on for anything. Sometimes I take having a real friend for granted (Tara, too, for that matter). I want to learn to appreciate things in the same way that Fred does. I want to shrug off my problems and worries. I want to be happy about everything. Well, maybe not about everything. I admire her.

I agree. I have never seen anyone get so happy or excited over something so little. I've never once heard her complain about being broke or not having something. I wish I could be like her. I'm sure she'll like the beach!
ReplyDelete