Thursday, February 11, 2010

Letter to Conan O'Brien


Conan O'Brien recently released a statement saying that he will not follow an 11:35 pm Jay Leno show with a 12:05 "Tonight Show" out of respect for the "Tonight Show" brand and for Jimmy Fallon.
"For 60 years the Tonight Show has aired immediately following the late local news. I sincerely believe that delaying the Tonight show into the next day to accomodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The Tonight Show at 12:05 simply isn't the Tonight Show.
Also, if I accept this move, I will be knocking the Late Night Show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held time slot."
You're not as funny as you think, and you're still making too much money for horrible comedy.
Cry about it a little more, Conan.

No comments:

Post a Comment